When you’re stuck inside on a rainy morning — try a new recipe! Shake-up a traditional potato pancake recipe with an exotic combination of cinnamon, curry powder, and cumin. Breakfast (or brunch) will never be the same!
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup milk (or your favorite non-dairy alternative)
- Shred the sweet potatoes and place in a colander to drain for about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, raw honey, brown sugar, curry powder and cumin. Make a well in the center, and pour in eggs and milk. Stir until all of the dry ingredients have been absorbed. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop the potato mixture by spoonfuls into the oil, and flatten with the back of the spoon. Fry until golden on both sides, flipping only once. If they are browning too fast, reduce the heat to medium. Remove from the oil and keep warm while the other pancakes are frying.
Recipe Resource: Medicine Talk Pro
We deliver more of our favorite recipes, health news, and nutrition tips to your inbox each month when you Sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter