Looking for the perfect starter to a romantic dinner? How about treating yourself to a festive salad robust in color, crunch and flavor? This winter salad is the one for you. Pomegranate seeds add vibrant color against the dark green and nutrient rich spinach. Uniquely tangy and sweet, pomegranate is an excellent source of antioxidants. Juicy strips of Bartlett pear provide a sweet balance to the radicchio. The entire salad is complemented by the crunch of toasted hazelnuts and a lemon-thyme dressing. The result is super-nutritious and super-delicious!
- ¾ cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- ¾ cup finely shredded radicchio (from 1 head)
- ½cup pomegranate seeds*
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 large firm-ripe Bartlett pear
- In a small saucepan, boil pomegranate juice until reduced to 1/4 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, gently mix spinach, radicchio, pomegranate seeds, and hazelnuts with dressing. Divide among 6 plates.
- Quarter pear and core. Thinly slice crosswise, then stack slices and cut in matchsticks. Arrange pear on salads.
Recipe Source: My Recipes
For more delicious recipes and amazing holistic health tips, subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.